Managed the night til about 2 with no pain; then woke after not having been asleep for long with pain on the left again. Not being a back sleeper, I'll take anything right or left, just give me a side on which to plop.
It appears the stuff I take for a longer pain dulling duration, the naproxin, is not working for me. The next time I gym it, I will try the liqui-gels and take more in the night if need be.
For anyone who doesn't know sciatica pain that persists despite all the things they tell you to do, the thing that is happening is the bulging disc is pressing on the nerve that goes to the leg or legs. It can also go further down, wrap itself around the knee and all the way down to do the same maypole around the ankle and top of the foot. It is like a nasty snake.
Why keep going to the gym, you might ask, when it just seems to exacerbate the problem of pain in the legs? Well, as Nancy's brother, Eric, once told me, the meat you see at the grocery store with a lot of fat? The fat looks like an atrophied muscle. Not a pretty sight. Nothing useful about atrophied muscles.
Since lying down is about the most comfortable position for me, apart from getting up to do the occasional light housework, laundry or cook a meal, I don't get much exercise. I have to work these muscles to just keep going.
No, it ain't no fun to not have much of a life. I often feel alone, sorry for myself, that God and "friends" have abandoned me, I resort to eating cookies if they are around after Mark leaves for one of his "gigs." Not a good thing. It is a compulsion on which I seem to have no self control. Prolly a result of my not thinking this is a wonderful time to draw close to God or to unleash my creative talents.
When Mark does come home and wants to get on this machine to play Frontierville, something he has only recently taken up, prolly just to spend some "quality time" with me... ha ha ha ..... I either pick up the pencil and sketch or read Jonathan Edwards on free will and God's sovereignty or look at one of Julia's, "Nature Friend" magazines. At least that is a step in a better direction.
I have to fight the temptation to let boredom rule; for once I let myself get bored, I eat, yes, but I also get that 'anzy' feeling where one gets so down one is unable to express one's angst. I am sure the Lord likes it when I say, "Oh, Father, I know I should come running to you, for you always make yourself available to me, but I am feeling..... and then list all the ways I am feeling at the moment... I mean he already knows my heart better than I do, so why don't I just talk to him about how I am feeling?
No comments:
Post a Comment