Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hump day

Made it to the gym yesterday and wasna gonna do arms, but at the advice of one of the ladies on staff, did, "Light workout."  Fared pretty well on all machines, and since the pool was being cleaned, did my ball exercises there (which can get embarrassing!)  You see, the movements they want me to do on the ball are kind of like a sit down version of belly dancing.  Must have been an hilarious sight!


Interestingly enough, swimming did not come easy yesterday.  After doing 15 min. of leg stretches in the water, and a bit of trouble with my goggles, my legs became sore while swimming the crawl.  The first fifteen minutes brought throbbing from the sciatica to the knees and settled down in the ankle of my, get this, left leg.  Usually, the right leg is the culprit.


But the last fifteen minutes were not as difficult.  Maybe it was due to the added ball exercises, which I usually do at home on alternate days to gym days.


So, even getting home proved to be not fun.  There was a steady wind not in my favour, and, of course, since we live on a bit of a hill, it was uphill a lot.


Icing and liqui-gel ibuprofen didna seem to help.  Going to sleep took a long time, so I played, "Price is Right" a while.  Once I got to sleep, I slept pretty well, because I only slept 5 or 6 hours the previous two nights.


I did get back to sleep this morning with no signs of demonic attack and felt pretty good upon waking.  


It was even nicer since Mark came home for lunch, which he hasn't been able to do since the accident.


Will update how this gym trip goes, since the left side is throbbing even as I lie still writing these words.

No comments:

Post a Comment