Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thursday, Looking Up..

It was so hot and I got to bed a bit later last night, so I tried sleeping in and didn't go on the bike ride.  Besides, Tuesday, doing both the bike laps and pool laps about did me in.  I was so sore, Mark had to mop the kitchen.  And wow, I was impressed.  He did a great job!  I even think he enjoyed the results, although he was grumbling all the way through the effort.


But the time at the pool went almost without pain.  Did all the stretches in the shallow end, and doubled up on the side kicks.  Then, in the deep end, I didn't really push myself, but each time I turned around, I curled up into a ball and pulled my legs up to my chest as hard as I could.  It hurt the first time but felt pretty good after that.


I did only one length doing the bicycling and didn't push it or stretch too horribly high.  


Upon coming home, Elaine called, so I was on my feet a good while, and sat down and did some of the hip stretches while talking.  It really doesn't feel too sore.  I am icing, but it is tolerable for a change.  We'll see on the next trip down the stairs.


Dr. Lin is right.  Only do one thing one day, and the other the next day.  I insist on doing it all every day, but it is helping doing a lower key dose.


Maybe hope is returning!  Halan.

No comments:

Post a Comment