Thursday, July 7, 2011

2nd day swimming

The first day back is always easier than the second.  Today I was bothered by little things like the tightness of the goggles.  I must have used up five whole minutes stopping and adjusting them before I got into my swim groove. 


Then I realized I had already prayed earlier on the bike ride.  While doing the ten laps around the track, I did my usual warfare prayers.


So when swimming, I began automatically doing them all over again.  Then I realized I had already said them and began to pray for those who are old, sick or in pain (like myself.)  Ha.


Swimming did not come without pain today.  I felt that old throbing in the lower left back more than anywhere else.  It just felt good when I got into a little ball and turned around to go back the other way.  Then the deep end was taken, so I did not get to do the bicycles.  But I already biked this morning, so I did not feel too badly about that.


I had a lot of trouble walking after getting home, and taking the stairs felt awful.  Getting up from the chair in the new way was not very easy, either.


I forgot the ice, so I guess that would be the next thing on the docket, at least after doing some stretching on the ball.


I am just glad I get to go swimming again!

No comments:

Post a Comment