This week we skipped our chiropractic Monday due to it's being a holiday, (Memorial Day) and both of us went Wednesday morning. Our visits will be M-W-F at 8:00 A.M. This means I have to train myself out of being a night person. This is not going to be easy, as I have always been a night person and do my best stuff at night, like sketching, writing and just plain thinking. It is also easier to get an Internet signal at night.
But Ukki fixed my Bible onto my MP3 player, so I can play it all night without interruption. This helps, for every time I turn over, I wake up completely, and much of the time I cannot get back to sleep very quickly. Thus when anxious thoughts rush round my head, the scriptures serve to distract me as I turn many of them into prayers and eventually doze off.
Did I say Ukki has to go as well? He has some issues in his lower back, but his main problem is his, "Military neck." This could work itself into being a major problem, since he has not a few bone spurs developing. For both of us, chiropractic adjustments are going to be required for the rest of our lives. At first we will go often and eventually taper off to a maintenance visit.
Back to Dr. Dylan Lin from Taiwan. Did I mention he said I would heal in your time? Yes, he did say I would not heal overnight but in "God's time." This is even more blazing a truism having now seen the X-rays. What a mess. He is concerned about the cervical results, but almost worried about the lower back. He told me to stop the exercises except ball rolling, gentle bouncing, and walking on the mini-trampoline. Swimming and aquatic aerobic stretching is ok when I can get there, but I have to drive or be driven for a while. No more deep knee bends holding on or lunging. No fencing that would indicate. Ha. Well, that is not a problem, since fencing is the only class I ever flunked outright. Ha ha.
Apparently my spine is twisted as well as rotated in the last 4 vertebrae. This is not to mention the many subluxations causing the discs to be herniated. Hopefully Dr. Lin will be able to straighten me out. So far, there is still a great deal of pain, but he remains hopeful that with these regular adjustments to which I will gradually add muscle strengthening exercises, I will be able to walk and sit again. He certainly is confident and, wow, did I say strong? He is certainly in good shape himself.
Well, time to go walk on the jumper and get those vertebrae lubricated...
No comments:
Post a Comment