The road downhill must have begun after attending church service and a recital both on Sunday. Too much sitting. And I was so hopeful and positive then.
Not now. I am on the downswing of the rollercoaster called convalescence. Monday was fairly uneventful, other than taking care of Elaine's mom. All I did was go over there, put on her brace and Mark even took it off that night. In between went to Dr. Lin, who did what felt like a somewhat light adjustment.
Tuesday, I brought Mrs. V. over here for dinner, and Mark took her home after removing her brace. I did stand at the stove a while cooking some breaded, fried summer squash, which she didn't eat anyway.
Meanwhile Julia called and said they were stopping by that night. But soon she called back and put it off one night. So I did some light damp mopping, barely bending at all. What was on the floor I left on the floor, just sweeping it aside. I pushed the vacuum around on the carpets and later did a bit of dusting. I knew she was bringing Cassie and her 3 kids, one of which was an avid crawler. I couldna have him down on filthy dirty floors.
I also cooked some beans and cornbread, but that was all I cooked. So, basically, I did not do too much.. But the pain is really bad, esp. down on the left lumbar region. The pinching is really bad on the legs. Esp. today, Thursday.
Ukki took us swimming last night, but I couldna do laps there. But to be truthful, I was so very sore, I don't know if I could have done them anyway. I did some exercises, but even those were too difficult with a pain level of about 8. Maybe even 9. I did some sculling and pinwheels but didna enjoy being there at all.
In fact, I really didna enjoy Julia and her friends, the pain was too wrenching. When is this gonna end? I am really feeling pinned against the wall. I have no life, and when I have a chance to live, I can't enjoy what I am meant to enjoy. I can't just lie here for the rest of my life. I would rather die.
Now, James is coming through just as Julia has done, but on Monday. There is still cleaning that needs to be done. I guess it won't get done. There are beds that need to be changed. But I guess they will not be changed. Unless Mark does them. And right now, he is about as much of a basket case as I am. He just texted that he forgot his ritalin this morning.
Thank you, Lord, for all these trials. I put them all in your hands. I am waiting for you do what I am too weak to do, just as you promised. I know you won't do it, but you can send someone to do it, or you can get Mark to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment