Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Yea! Pool's Open!!

I did try to swim while Northlake was closed in August, but neither alternate pool proved a viable option, so I chilled at home in the AC, doing my lunges, stretches and generally trying to stay upright and taking nourishment.


Yesterday started with a chilly 58 degrees, so by the time I got in the water, I had to draw myself up and say, "Brrrr!"  Can't believe how cold the water felt, but it did not take many leg lifts before the warm sun reached my tired bones.


I have seen the kids at the track doing a rabbit jump like exercise and thought I'd try that in the water, but Mark said I should only do my usual, and gently at that, and leave the experimenting for later.


He was right.  I was really sore after my basic hour of stretching and hour of lap swim and bicycling in the deep end.  I was sooo thankful the Father found me a close parking place.  At first I had to park way out in Siberia, but as I began walking up, I saw the closest place next to handicapped.  Oh, joy!  Because after the workout, I was barely able to walk to the closest place.  He really knows my needs and limits, thank you, Father!


This morning woke me up in pain at 5:30; I was sore on both sides and on my back, so I lay there listening to Psalms, praying them for me and the guy held in prison for whom I am also praying Psalm 69.  He is being held by Hamas.  Soon it was time to leave for Colleyville.  Dr. Lin said my legs were improving in range of movement.  I can also see this, but the process is not without a lot of pinching, throbbing, and shooting pain down past the knee.  


Avoiding surgery, I am finding, is wrought with lots of hard work and irritating, chronic pain.  Sometimes I want to give in.  Sometimes I think the Father is ignoring me when I affirm that Jesus took my pain on the Cross, not allowing His healing stripes to avail for me.  I am so accustomed to instant, miraculous prayer results!  Then I realize he is helping and healing and answering me through Dr. Lin and the efforts I do purely out of obedience, often in a hopeless frame of mind.


He is also doing a cleansing, healing work in my heart, bringing me into a more thankful and satisfied state of mind and spirit.  
For example, I cannot go swim today unless I bike it, which the weather would definitely allow, but as for my back/legs?  Don't know about that.  I would have to walk a lot on the way home.     But usually when a flat tire, or car trouble, or late utility payment causes me to be housebound, I get all upset and angry.  I can now be content whatever wrenches get in the machinery of expected routines.


So, I can be more thankful, and that is quite a contrast to my usual whining and complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment