Monday, May 16, 2011

What am I to do?

Assuming the thing about wives submitting themselves to their husbands is true and right, I guess I will be going to a new chiropractor in Colleyville for a while.  Not that I have to pump up hope about it working, I am content to leave it in the Lord's hands by dutifully going, starting this Thursday afternoon.  (and assuming he gets off work in time for me to get there on time.)


But while I was sitting in the salt bath last night, I took note of the toilet tank having been made in Westport and remembered my "spiritual awakening" while sitting at pond's edge in that very city in Connecticut quite a few years back.  I thought, "Why am I still around here being as useless as I am?"  Maybe I should do some writing.  Memoirs.  But not too introspective.  Just sort of lay it out.  I should get better, so I can work.  I should work out this problem.  or maybe not.  Maybe I should just do what comes naturally, and that is write.


I feel so useless, so helpless with this problem.  I have tried going to the gym and doing all the exercises the various Dr.s have told me to do.  Now I find several of them are said to be wrong for my problem.  This doc says to do lunges and deep knee bends.  I don't think he has a clue how much pain that costs.  I am not sure he is going to be helpful at all.  I am really confused.  I guess I'll write a book.


But this book, "The Pond at Westport" or "Pond at Westport" or Westport Pond" or whatever,  will be autobiographical.  It is not easy to admit the sins of one's youth, but maybe, just maybe it will serve to be helpful to someone someday.


Now, how to go about it.  I have never written just on a machine.  always longhand.  But longhand is not so easy for me right now.  So blogging a book?  Is that how one does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment