For some reason my left hip muscle up around the waist and in toward the spine is pulled. This started before I left the office yesterday, so I haven't a clue what it could be...
Went to swim yesterday and did the new, "Leap Frog Stretch" I invented. Plus all the other stretches twice. Couldna find a close parking place, so was crying by the time I got back to the car. Decided to stay in today. Mark having the car, beside the fact that it is 2F Hot induced my laziness. So tired of the heat, being in Texas with no family. Oh, well, what is a blog if not for whining and complaining.
I must make myself do the indoor stretches and praying.... esp. for Julia, who seems to be in a great deal of emotional pain lately.
Ok, this new stretch is using the buttocks muscles and outer/inner upper leg muscles... I can't really describe it other than saying it is like doing leap frog in the water (not leaping over anything) but using the same arm and leg motions.
Since the breast stroke uses the whip kick, keeping the knees fairly close together, and the frog kick allows the legs to be a bit further apart, this stretches the legs even further apart and out ot the side, while the arms push down on the water simultaneously. It's fun.
O and I also do about a dozen kicks straight out like scissors before getting out of the pool. This works the inside leg muscles too.
I wanted to add that the, "Univera" Mark has me taking is having a calming effect on my self pity emotions. I get to crying usually when the pain gets bad and can't stop. This last time, I left off the blubbering quickly and didn't start it up again. It makes it easier to do what Dr. Lin suggested in not thinking about the pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment