Better late than never as they say....
I was feeling a bit nervous going after the episode with the guy who spit on the deck and I got angry at him, and he ignored me and kept right on spitting.... it felt as if it were in my face.
I got to thinking and praying for him, thinking how angry and hurt he must be. Trying to think of his woundedness and also thinking of Jeshua ha Messiah and his being spat upon for that very man.
I just knew he would be at the gym. And I think I did see him, but although he looked at me quite a bit, I doubt he recognized me, not being with my cap and suit on and all.
So I finished the workout and proceeded to the pool. did all the stretches, laps and went to the sauna. I was also feeling somewhat convicted that I designated the spitter was a black man, since it doesn't really matter that he was African American. I was assaulted by a guy similar to the spitter once at the Ann Arbor Arboretum, so I guess I have yet to deal thoroughly with that.
But I was feeling a bit guilty for yelling at the spitter, even though if he were to hear me I would have had to have yelled, his ear phones being in his ears and all.
So there were these two African American guys in the sauna having a conversation about another guy, a cousin of the younger man, who had been in trouble with the law and had come to church and gotten straightened out. but he unfortunately went back out into the world, lured by the scent of drugs to attain temporal values, and got himself killed.
so sad.... the older guy was sharing about the Lord with the younger guy, that one never knows if his episode with the Lord stuck, despite his backsliding.
It reminded me of Tim Tinsley's brother. so I shared with the two of them. We agreed that nothing can make us presentable to God but what Jesus did for us.
The older man came to Jeshua in prison himself. He got himself licensed to preach and seemed a changed man. He even quit taking his blood pressure and diabetes medicine due to the changed life, and working out at the gym...
I told him I believed in healing and living a life according to covenant but did not know why God has not taken away this pain yet. I am praying for ears to hear and eyes to see. He was in agreement that the Lord is trying to get something accomplished through these two years and who ever knows how much longer of this pain.
I know the Lord is in control and will glorify himself through what I am experiencing.
I do have many doubts and feel pretty useless a lot.
However, today I got three loads of laundry done, transplanted the Norfolk Island Pine and watered all the plants, got the lunch and dinner prepared and the laundry folded. Not put away yet. dishwasher loaded too.
My back was pretty sore after the gardening stent, but it seems calmed down now... just pain in the legs is bothering me.
Mark is doing his thing at the opera, "Boris Gudinov" and hopefully filling his joy cup. He is also going to a cast party afterwards. I know he would rather be singing, but it is not to be at this point.
When we sang in church in the pews Sunday, he over sang, over annunciated, and it sounded pretty funny to me. He just has to learn how to sing differently for different occasions. He really does try too hard. He should just learn to relax and sing from his heart. I know his heart is mixed up quite a bit, but it would behoove him to realize that he doesn't have to try to impress anybody by singing a certain way.
O well, he doesn't listen to me, so I will keep my own mouth shut!
No comments:
Post a Comment