Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day One with Spinal Stretch

Mark helped me get hooked up to the new gizmo, the Spinal Stretch.  I came across it on Amazon while pricing those Teeter Inversion thingamabobs.  It looked a whole lot more inviting than going upside down on the inversion gadget.  It was a hundred bucks, whereas the Teeter Inversion Tables were at least twice that.  It also had really good reviews.  I saw only a few where peeps had sent it back or it didn't help.


We set the pull at a low weight to start.  I could tell a difference immediately upon standing up.  Not a huge difference, but I walked without the leg pinching for at least a half hour.  I proceeded to go downstairs, piddle in the kitchen, fix something to eat (Mark has been fixing my meals for the most part, at least dinners) and went out to cut Rylie's hair.  


After all this activity, I went back and lay down.  Then I did my E-cises and promptly fell asleep.


All this after being awake most of the night with a very upset stomach.  I think I had too much Advil in my system and boy, never again!  I would rather stay awake with back/leg pain than feeling like I was gonna barf all night.


I am going to go see if I can hook it up and use it again before attempting another night's sleep.  Ho Hum.  Let's hope for the best.  I know, I know, it took 60 some odd years to get into this shape, and it won't go away overnight.  


Time and repetition is the old adage for this type of cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment